Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:18 am

While traveling through Myanmar, my wife, Gwynne, and I stopped in a little town where virtually everybody there worked as a Liker, someone who was paid to visit sites and "Like" it. Their biggest customer was Facebook. You could buy 1000 views for $2: they'd all get a message on their phone, take it out of their pocket, diddle the screen for a few seconds, put their phone back in their pocket, then continue talking. I thought this was unique until my son, Heath, told me of the Russian App writer he met in Thailand, who said he'd visited a building with hundreds of people watching YouTube videos, and who would write reviews for his product cheap. It's called “Like Farming,” and it's big business. There's supposed to be 40 million businesses on Facebook with 2 million of them paying Facebook to increase their Likes. Apparently, Hillary Clinton used them in her presidential campaign.
Like Farm 1 s.JPG
Now whenever I see a YouTube video pop up that's only been out for a couple days that has 15K views and no reason to watch it, I am more than suspicious. I think 90%, maybe more, of all Social Media feedback is purchased. I get 1 or 2 people who contact me every time I put up a video (not so much on the podcasts), so I know they've got some small amount of appeal, maybe 1%, yet I don't get many views, let alone Likes. I'd hate to pay for nothing, and screw up REAL user feedback data at the same time. And because when things are bad, they're even worse, if you do buy likes from a Like Farm, should you later pay to “boost” your Facebook presence, the boost will go to the phony Likes. People in Myanmar who didn't know you in the first place are overwhelmingly the ones who receive the Facebook “view” in their feed. I know the article I read about this was true and accurate because it had lots of Likes.
Facebook Likes.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Kage87z

Re: Likes

Post by Kage87z » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:24 am

Well, that explains Winningham getting 1000 instant likes on her FB page while running against Pike back in 14.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:25 am

Kage87z wrote:Well, that explains Winningham getting 1000 instant likes on her FB page while running against Pike back in 14.
Good to see you, Kelly. I got a "Campaign" area on the forum if you want in?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:48 pm

I like this OP...

Enlightening.

And disturbing...

It's a mad, mad world.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:50 pm

I knew this shit existed, but dayum.
Account abandoned.