Living In The Bronx

MilSpecs

Re: Living In The Bronx

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:20 pm

...the Yankees, the Red Sox, gays, straights, bisexuals, the poor, the rich...
:royalty-queen:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:22 pm

In a revolutionary republic, violent rhetoric is the coin of the realm.

"Come and take this violent rhetoric from my cold dead hands"
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:45 pm

Okie gets challenged to a duel about once per month, and when I mention the fact that black people commit a grossly disproportionate amount of violent crime, I get accused of violent rhetoric.

That's how I know I was spot on, btw.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:53 pm

Americans who decry violent rhetoric are simply the New American Royalists that Marty Hash has previously pointed out.

A red blooded American would simply wear their violent rhetoric as a badge of honor, but Americans are becoming more blue blooded by the day it seems.
Nec Aspera Terrent

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:59 pm

...Millenials, Boomers, teenagers, pre-teens, little girls, little girls who look like teens, the retired...

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:01 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Violent rhetoric is as American as apple pie and baseball, without violent rhetoric, it would just be a giant Canada without public health insurance.

If you want the Queen's Peace, you know where to go.
I couldn't take the weather, plus I have a strong vested interest in this place.

Violent rhetoric is for the young and the shiftless.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:05 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Violent rhetoric is as American as apple pie and baseball, without violent rhetoric, it would just be a giant Canada without public health insurance.

If you want the Queen's Peace, you know where to go.
I couldn't take the weather, plus I have a strong vested interest in this place.

Violent rhetoric is for the young and the shiftless.
The young and shiftless are the very ones who are inclined to overthrow an establishment in the end, hence why we keep them under the iron jackboot of the Queen's Peace, our bulwark against the revolutionary republic to the south, same as it ever was.

Dieu sauve la Reine.
Nec Aspera Terrent

brewster

Post by brewster » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:24 pm

Smitty-48 wrote: The young and shiftless are the very ones who are inclined to overthrow an establishment in the end
Nah, most revolutions are by the bourgeois, with the young and shiftless simply their hapless cannon fodder. Trumpland is a gerontocracy.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:28 pm

brewster wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote: The young and shiftless are the very ones who are inclined to overthrow an establishment in the end
Nah, most revolutions are by the bourgeois, with the young and shiftless simply their hapless cannon fodder. Trumpland is a gerontocracy.
Nah, most revolutions are by an aristocracy, with the young and shiftless as their cannon fodder, the definition of bourgeois is to be fundamentally counterrevolutionary.

Aristocrats are prepared to have to people killed to achieve their aims, the bourgeoisie aren't even prepared to rock the boat, that's what it is to be bourgeois.

Our aristocracy tho, is the United Empire Loyalists, and so counterrevolutionary specific to the American context, more British than the British themselves, due to our proximity to the looming menace to the south, the aristocracy of Hanover amongst the Hurons.

So when the young and shiftless rouse rabble here, all the landed aristocrats have to do, is tar them as "American style!"; political kiss of death, in the confederacy which won the war and lived to tell the tale.
Nec Aspera Terrent

brewster

Post by brewster » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:35 pm

Don't know what you're talking about, aristocrats are rarely revolutionaries, though they're sometimes "reformers" like Lafayette, till it got away from him. They're the conservative "haves", and revolutions are by the "have-nots", but what the have-not leaders historically mostly lack is not wealth, but power. The bourgeois.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND