Living In The Bronx

Speaker to Animals

Re: Living In The Bronx

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:23 pm

And if you want to compare just little old New York City to Chicago city, the demographics of Chicago (just in the city limits) puts blacks at something like 32%.

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:26 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
brewster wrote:You're just moving goalposts. We're talking about the cities. I don't even follow why NYC being more than twice as dense as Chicago works to lower it's relative murder rate. By your own measure of "cities are shitholes", the less dense it is the better.

Bullshit. You engaged in a category error (deliberately). Compare apples to apples: metropolitan area to metropolitan area.
No I compared cities to each other, you insist on using another category that you think serves your purpose, though you actually haven't said how. You can insist, but that doesn't make my comparison disingenuous. I did not quote any %, just the number of blacks vs the number of murders.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:28 pm

And... Chicago is one big thing while you left out all the other parts of the New York metropolitan area.

There is no other part of the Chicago metropolitan area that has large populations of black people outside the Chicago city limits that I know of.

You have to compare category to category here. Just look at the entire metropolitan areas.

All these other regions of the New York metropolitan area:

2.1.2 Long Island
2.1.3 Northern New Jersey
2.1.4 Central New Jersey
2.1.5 Lower Hudson Valley
2.1.6 Mid-Hudson Valley
2.1.7 Western Connecticut
2.1.8 Monroe and Pike Counties, Pennsylvania
2.1.9 Lehigh Valley

are there no large populations of blacks in any of those, with high crime rates?

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:36 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: are there no large populations of blacks in any of those, with high crime rates?
I dunno, this is your argument, why don't you actually make it? Where's your stats? I think it's a riot you're reaching 2 states away desperately trying to find some violent darkies to raise NYCs murder rate. There's some rough places out there, but so diluted in a sea of white that they won't help you.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:26 am

StA, since you won't present the facts of your "regional vs city bias" premise, here they are:

The 2012 murder rate for that area you cite from PA to CT is 3.8, only slightly higher than NYC itself. The Chicago area rate is 7.1, presumably those white suburbs diluting the city's horrific murder rate 50%. Https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... datadecpdf

Again I must point out that according to your "cities suck" philosophy, density should breed more crime. Yet in NYC, ~25% larger in area than Chicago but much denser, there is far less murder.

Here's some fun stats, I was thinking about your linkage of blacks with murder rates, and wondered what the baseline of a white city was.

Indianapolis is 62% white one of the whitest major cities in the US, and has a murder rate of 17.1/100k. NYC is 44% white with a rate of 3.4. San Antonio is 72.6% white, with a rate of 6.4, nearly double that of NYC.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:39 am

Wow. You are one straw manning little cunt, aren't you.

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:06 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Wow. You are one straw manning little cunt, aren't you.
I guess the only possible response when your racist argument falls flat on its face is to move the goalposts and accuse me of straw manning.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:37 pm

brewster wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Wow. You are one straw manning little cunt, aren't you.
I guess the only possible response when your racist argument falls flat on its face is to move the goalposts and accuse me of straw manning.

LOL, What?

What is racist about pointing to the fact that black people commit most of the violent crime in our cities? It's just a fact.

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:39 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: What is racist about pointing to the fact that black people commit most of the violent crime in our cities? It's just a fact.
Among many things is your refusal to accept that NYC has far fewer murders than chicago's despite having more than twice as many blacks, and that a predominantly white city can have a higher murder rate than white minority NYC.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:59 pm

And your refusal to acknowledge the difference between a metropolitan area and just one of the independent jurisdictions that make up the New York Metropolitan Area.