Living In The Bronx

Speaker to Animals

Re: Living In The Bronx

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:46 pm

Decepticons are the way to go, and beating random people with hammers sounds exciting.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:50 pm

heydaralon wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
heydaralon wrote: I don't have it all figured out, or anything close, but NYC would be so unlike anything I'm used to, that I can't imagine living there. The congestion seems insane, and from what ex residents tell me you have to cultivate an asshole/bitch personality to avoid getting hassled/panhandled/steamrolled/mugged by other people. It seems exciting, but I can't see myself living there. But you like it, overall?
I actually wouldn't live there again. I find it overwhelming and I couldn't live that lifestyle anymore. That said, you don't have to be nasty to live in NYC.
You may have answered it earlier in the thread, but where did you grow up in nyc?
Sunset Park in Brooklyn , under the el (the Gowanus). It's an industrial area. There were only 3 residential buildings on my block - narrow 4 storey walkups with a railroad flat on each floor. It was where you lived if you were so poor that you couldn't afford a poor neighborhood. :lol:
Last edited by MilSpecs on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:royalty-queen:

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: Black people[/i] are prone to shooting each other. Your blacks shoot each other too. Don't try to snow us.
Now THIS can be done with numbers. black population of NYC: 2m, 290 murders. black population of Chicago 900k, 650 murders. Numbers say bullshit.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:55 pm

Hopefully she finished her degree and escaped.
Move to New York.

New York is where assholes live and where non-assholes go to become those people’s neighbors.
https://citronreview.com/2011/03/16/how ... k-asshole/

100% correct advice, however.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:00 pm

brewster wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: Black people[/i] are prone to shooting each other. Your blacks shoot each other too. Don't try to snow us.
Now THIS can be done with numbers. black population of NYC: 2m, 290 murders. black population of Chicago 900k, 650 murders. Numbers say bullshit.

LOL. Lookup the metropolitan numbers and try again. Chicago metropolitan area is 16.7% black. New York metropolitan area is 15.3% black.

Here are some homicide stats for the metropolitan areas:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6230a1.htm

About the same.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:02 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
brewster wrote:

LOL. Lookup the metropolitan numbers and try again. Chicago metropolitan area is 16.7% black. New York metropolitan area is 15.3% black.

Here are some homicide stats for the metropolitan areas:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6230a1.htm

About the same.
I am glad that we have progressed to recognizing that circumstances play a vital roll in crime.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:06 pm

Like I said, you encounter more people daily in the city. You live closely with other people. You can't get worked up about it all or you'll go insane. You either deal with it or leave. That author needed to leave. There's downsides to living in the sticks too. I hear sometimes small town people are even more up in your shit. Let's' remember the exurban hero who beat the crap out of Rand Paul!

StA, who cares what the general rate or % is, what I posted shows the Chicago rate per black person is roughly 4x higher, which is what you were interested in. For Chicago & NYC, not their metro areas.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:07 pm

It's bullshit, though. They divide that metropolitan area up into a collection of cities. Then they take the crime stats for just one of them and use that as the placeholder for the entire metropolitan area. Chicago doesn't really do that. It's just one big fucking city. The suburbs are mostly white/Asian/middle class. The crazy shit happens in the city limits. You have to compare metropolitan areas.

You are using the stats for just the city of New York, which is just one part of the metropolitan area and comparing that to the city of Chicago which, by itself, is one big fucking metropolitan area.

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:18 pm

You're just moving goalposts. We're talking about the cities. I don't even follow why NYC being more than twice as dense as Chicago works to lower it's relative murder rate. By your own measure of "cities are shitholes", the less dense it is the better.

EDIT: burrowed into your link, even there the rate is 2x NY, and there's a lot of variables different from what I linked, the most important that mine was 2017 not 2010.
Last edited by brewster on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:20 pm

brewster wrote:You're just moving goalposts. We're talking about the cities. I don't even follow why NYC being more than twice as dense as Chicago works to lower it's relative murder rate. By your own measure of "cities are shitholes", the less dense it is the better.

Bullshit. You engaged in a category error (deliberately). Compare apples to apples: metropolitan area to metropolitan area.

You are hoping others don't realize that the New York Metropolitan area is divided into nine different regions, of which "New York City" is but one.