Academia

Martin Hash

Academia

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:43 am

I pride myself on my resistance to advertising. The smugness & superiority I feel towards people who have to buy the latest thing; small folks with no control over their desires, swayed by the opinions of conniving advertisers; is a small vice I don't even try to overcome. But then, like all frail, grasping-for-recognition human psyches, I too almost fell prey.
Mentioned.JPG
Virtually every email that actually makes it though my spam filter is flagged as potential spam. I quickly scan the row of yellow warning icons before choosing to delete them all, 100s a week. I can't remember the last time I actually looked at one of them but the emails from “Academia” had great subject lines: “People are looking at your profile,” “4 papers mention Martin Hash,” “81 people have read articles with your name in them!” Each time I read one of those pieces of vanity bait, I swam around the hook a little closer. Finally, one day I was invited to my own personal website, and it smelled so good, I had to bite – Click!
Personal Website.JPG
I was in, luxuriating in the fawning applause and adulation: they had even chosen a profile picture of me. Martin Hash was somebody! I wanted everyone to know me this way, then I looked to how much it would cost to maintain this level of fame, and I had less than 10 minutes to decide before the whole thing disappeared into nothing. I have to admit, I considered it for a moment, they had found a weakness of existential desire even in me, an appeal to status is the best marketing ploy of all, but I chose just to remain a nobody.
Website.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Matt Campbell

Re: Academia

Post by Matt Campbell » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:46 am

Not to worry- you will always be a nobody to me! :P

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:38 pm

Matt Campbell wrote:Not to worry- you will always be a nobody to me! :P
I will always remember Martin as the guy whose name is coincidentally the same one as the url as the forum we all use. Its pretty strange when you think about it, because Martin Hash is not a very common name. Aside from Martin, this website is the only other place I've seen it, and on some political flyers for some guy running for office in the state of Washington.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:22 pm

No huge Instagram following for anybody like that. You'd think with a name as sexy as Martin Hash, this person would be as popular as Gianluca Vacchi.

katarn

Post by katarn » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Hello there.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:41 am

3 feature length movies? First I heard of it.

Only one Martin Hash on IMDB. Is this you?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3924884/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:54 am

Also
Daryl Fogal, “Real Fake,” Interview with Martin Hash, Wired, June 1996
Do you have a copy?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:52 am

There was once a time I was mentioned in 5 magazines in 1 month, during my semi-famous years. WTF happened to that?

I was watching "Shameless" last night, and there was an excruciating scene where Frank was standing in a long line of unemployed 50-something White guys all trying to get the same "manager" job.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:11 am

I realize this sucks, but I am telling you, the way to get famous now is through fitness. That's mostly what most young people care about these days. Universities are pozzed as fuck, so it's not like academic achievement is important to them. Lots of young people are trying to check out of the entire career system as it is and get small organic farms or some other such way of life (and most of the rest dream about it every day). The only thing that most young people have in common is fitness and admiring rich people. You have the one side of that equation. You could easily capitalize on that. If you instangrammed your trip, for instance, that would have been pretty cool and it very well might have gotten you a lot of followers.

The reason that Italian guy is so famous is that he puts it all together.

That's also why Dwayne Johnson is so popular. He's out there on social media giving fitness advice and showing people how he makes crazy gains in his forties. Add to that that he is a genuinely nice guy and I am pretty sure he could smoke almost any presidential candidate out there right now.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:56 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Pure Gold
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience