What Impresses People?

de officiis

Re: What Impresses People?

Post by de officiis » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:29 am

People are impressed by educational attainment when it is not an end in itself, but is applied by a mind that is focused on a difficult goal that requires commitment and risk-taking while promising great reward, be it financial or some other societal good.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:23 am

I can 700 pushups (per month) which is quite impressive. By doing 11 at a time twice a day I have really gotten my numbers up. The discipline might be hard for some people, but it is a cinch for me. I'm not bragging, I'm telling it like it is. PM me if you want some fitness tips. Last month I did over 300 hundred situps. Yes, you read that right.
Shikata ga nai

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:42 am

:lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:48 am

Martin, even Leonardo had small minds sniff at his work, especially his scientific and anatomical endeavors, which were not published in his lifetime.

You have led an impressive life, but degrees on a wall don't inspire awe, they point towards potential. You need something more tangible. Maybe some kind of artistic work, or an invention, or an epic book of poetry. You're going for renaissance man genius right? Don't settle for impressing people in the here or now, shoot for the history books.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:36 am

Martin have you considered becoming a pick up artist? Pick up artists are some of the most impressive and well respected people on Earth. If I could be in a room with Schopenhauer, Shakespeare, Churchill or in a room full of pickup artists, I'd hang out in the PUA room, no contest.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:45 am

heydaralon wrote:Martin have you considered becoming a pick up artist? Pick up artists are some of the most impressive and well respected people on Earth. If I could be in a room with Schopenhauer, Shakespeare, Churchill or in a room full of pickup artists, I'd hang out in the PUA room, no contest.

Schopenhauer was a huge PUA, dude.

I suspect Shakespeare was the equivalent of MGTOW before the end.

Churchill was Churchill.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:51 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Martin have you considered becoming a pick up artist? Pick up artists are some of the most impressive and well respected people on Earth. If I could be in a room with Schopenhauer, Shakespeare, Churchill or in a room full of pickup artists, I'd hang out in the PUA room, no contest.

Churchill was Churchill.
Schopenhauer pushed an old lady down the stairs and crippled her too. That being said, he is probably my favorite philosopher. What makes you think Shakespeare didn't like hanging out with women?

I'm just trying to help Martin peacock. It will really help him when goes to clubs and dive bars.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:56 am

heydaralon wrote:

Churchill was Churchill.
Schopenhauer pushed an old lady down the stairs and crippled her too. That being said, he is probably my favorite philosopher. What makes you think Shakespeare didn't like hanging out with women?

I'm just trying to help Martin peacock. It will really help him when goes to clubs and dive bars.

Yeah, he was a hero philosopher. :lol:

I think she was attacking him, though. It was the same gynocentric bullshit we see today, with women initiating violence and hostilities, getting treated as equals, and then crying for special treatment.

I think Shakespeare fled his bitching wife, had some mistresses, came to loathe women, and took up the penis.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:01 am

heydaralon wrote:

Churchill was Churchill.

Yeah, he was a hero philosopher. :lol:

I think she was attacking him, though. It was the same gynocentric bullshit we see today, with women initiating violence and hostilities, getting treated as equals, and then crying for special treatment.

I think Shakespeare fled his bitching wife, had some mistresses, came to loathe women, and took up the penis.
The penis mightier than the sword.
Shikata ga nai

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:04 am

heydaralon wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: Yeah, he was a hero philosopher. :lol:

The penis mightier than the sword.
Equal rights, equal fights.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.