Virtual Campaign

Martin Hash

Virtual Campaign

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:47 pm

Webpage.JPG
A recent study showed that old-style whistle-stop campaigns, where a candidate goes from town to town to meet the inhabitants, shows little or no increase in voter support. In fact, it seems politics has fundamentally changed and none of the old techniques for getting elected work anymore, if they ever did. I wanted to test this hypothesis so I ran an entirely virtual campaign for the Washington State House: no newspaper interviews, no public access TV exposure, no endorsement questionnaires, no door-belling & no appearing before advocacy groups.
TrumpSign.jpg
Old-style printed brochures & buttons are out too, but I did put up five 4X8 campaign signs in strategic locations. I also created a large on-line forum, produced every-other-day podcasts & a weekly short YouTube video explaining my position on topics important to my constituency. Unfortunately, those didn't seem to work either, because other than my sons & a couple lost souls, nobody ever read, watched or listened to any of them. Yet in the Primary I received 40% of the vote based on the fact that I was the only Democrat running.

My conclusion is that politics is a complete sham. People vote based on nothing, if they vote at all. Politicians are elected primarily by kowtowing to the Special Interests who do vote. I'd have to conclude that the idea of democracy is purported to be magical but in reality is actually a sham, very similar to religion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

skankhunt42

Re: Virtual Campaign

Post by skankhunt42 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:00 am

Interesting. This could actually make for a fascinating case study if you had more data. Have you thought about publishing something on this subject Hash?
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:11 pm

I'm running again in 2 years with this year as the baseline. Perhaps we could propose some suppositions as basis for a paper?

p.s. I'm actually going to try & win next time.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:18 pm

X
Last edited by Fife on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:36 pm

Pray tell Dr. Hash. Have you observed this image?

http://www.martinhash.com/forums/viewto ... =59&t=1257

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:17 pm

Who can argue with that plan? Make it so.