The Mess

Smitty-48

Re: The Mess

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:42 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Now then, it's labels like that which shut down debate on the old site. :roll:
Smitty gone all SJW on our asses.
Debate? Wot debate? I don't remember anyone debating me, it was almost all fallacious blather in the face of pretty much everything I posted, which is why didn't bother with debate after awhile.

Just using shorthand, a turn of phrase as it were, whatever you want to call it then, insecure about your sexuality and afraid that you might secretly be queer, or something to that effect.

I mean, you are an Englishman after all.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Smitty, do you have anything to add to the discussion on Pearl Harbour we had over in the Internment camp thread? Always informative to hear your opinions on military matters.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:43 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Smitty, do you have anything to add to the discussion on Pearl Harbour we had over in the Internment camp thread? Always informative to hear your opinions on military matters.
No thanks, I like it over here just fine, if you want my input on military matters, you will of course find me in the Mess.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:47 pm

Welcome to talk about it here of course, I even said this was the correct place for it. You may need to nip over to the camp to see what was said though as I can't be arsed to repeat it all.
If you do pop into the internment camp, no suicide belt please.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:50 pm

You better watch your numbers over there in the camp. Wouldn't wanna see you guys take a turn towards Andersonville.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Meh, Pearl Harbor, even in terms of just the Second World War in the Pacific, there are far more interesting battles than that, and for the Royal Canadian Infantry Corps, the important date is not 6 December, but rather 8 December 1941, The Battle of Hong Kong.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:52 pm

Can't ignore the impact it had on the war, Barbarossa for the Japanese?
7th dec by the way. 75th anniversary today.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:57 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Can't ignore the impact it had on the war, Barbarossa for the Japanese?
7th dec by the way. 75th anniversary today.
Show how much I care about the Battle of Pearl Harbor, just not my thing, ol' bean, so the Americans finally pulled their heads out their asses and joined us in the fight for the light of civilization itself, only after they were attacked for failing to heed our warnings therein; whoopie fuckin' do.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:00 pm

Oh go on then, school me about the battle of Hong Kong then. I don't know anything about that.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:01 pm

Pearl Harbor was only one attack that came around this time in 1941. They took a lot of Western held positions, including Hong Kong.
Last edited by Okeefenokee on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751