DCF Refugee Internment Camp

SuburbanFarmer

Re: DCF Refugee Internment Camp

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:22 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Triple, triple including the blue ribbon event the 100 metres. You are only embarrassing yourself now Grumps dear boy.
I don't care to list all of the gold medal wins for the greatest Olympian of all time. Suffice it to say that he has dominated every single record in the books.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:40 pm

I won the gold medal in long jump in the summer camp olympics, but had to give the medal back when it was discovered that I had been disqualified from competition for fighting the day before.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:42 pm

At least two Brits in boats on that list,Sir Steve Redgrave 4 x golds over 4 Olympics and Sir Ben Ainsley with 5 out of 5. Sir Ben is going to win the Americas cup for the motherland for the first time too.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:43 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:I won the gold medal in long jump in the summer camp olympics, but had to give the medal back when it was discovered that I had been disqualified from competition for fighting the day before.
Did you win the boxing gold instead then? :lol:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:50 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Triple, triple including the blue ribbon event the 100 metres. You are only embarrassing yourself now Grumps dear boy.
I don't care to list all of the gold medal wins for the greatest Olympian of all time. Suffice it to say that he has dominated every single record in the books.
He swims pretty well I'll concede,
in a sport to which no one takes heed.
but as greatest is the thing,
not counting the bling,
a book on the matter you should read.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:52 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Only as far as swimming goes, not even the best Olympian, so many events in the pool, any freak with oversized hands and feet can clean up the golds there.

ps I was the town under 18 breaststroke champ at the age of 14.
You know nothing about swimming
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:56 pm

So are we saying best overall athlete is the one most dominating in their chosen sport?

Michael Phelps is on the Mt. Rushmore, but he's second to this guy. Most dominant EVER. He changed the sport multiple times and has dominated through 4 distinct generations of competitors. He's only slowing down now in his mid 40s, in a sport where most are under 25, and half of the slowdown has to do with equipment experimentation because the standard equipment is boring to him now

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:04 pm

But how many people in the world can name him? You go to an African village with no electricity and ask who Usain Bolt is and they will know.
I mean how many people surf? The 100m and title of the worlds fastest man ever that's the top.
Who is he by the way?

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:10 pm

Montegriffo wrote:But how many people in the world can name him? You go to an African village with no electricity and ask who Usain Bolt is and they will know.
I mean how many people surf? The 100m and title of the worlds fastest man ever that's the top.
Who is he by the way?
So its popularity, not dominance? I'm just trying to figure out the metric here.

I'm sure there's some soccer guys that are popular everywhere except here, while we have NFL players like OBJ that are incredible athletes but virtually unknown anywhere else.

That's Kelly Slater

Usain Bolt is kinda a one trick pony IMO. Michael Phelps is in a similar sport but he dominates multiple events of a bunch of different disciplines. Bolt sprints.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:16 pm

AndrewBennett wrote:Usain Bolt is kinda a one trick pony IMO.

Worthy of a pushpin.