Promote the Martin Hash forum

Hwen Hoshino

Re: Promote the Martin Hash forum

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:20 pm

Martin Hash wrote:The "DCF Refugees" area could be renamed "Dan Carlin Forum."

But, there are other podcasters we may also want to include as regulars, more potential members. Our current members have a reputation for exceptional rough-n-tumble high caliber debate, embrace the reputation. Troll other podcasters forums & advertise this fact.

As for the "Martin Hash" brand being at risk: I'm already my own worst enemy when it comes to anti-PC.
Is this a long running forum? How do you have more 1000 posts? You could call yourself Emperor for all i care. Just curious.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:38 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:

But, there are other podcasters we may also want to include as regulars, more potential members. Our current members have a reputation for exceptional rough-n-tumble high caliber debate, embrace the reputation. Troll other podcasters forums & advertise this fact.

As for the "Martin Hash" brand being at risk: I'm already my own worst enemy when it comes to anti-PC.
Is this a long running forum? How do you have more 1000 posts? You could call yourself Emperor for all i care. Just curious.
You didn't notice all of the other sections of the forum where Hash posts opinions, pictures, etc?
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:Is this a long running forum? How do you have more 1000 posts? You could call yourself Emperor for all i care. Just curious.
This particular forum has been around for a decade. I started it after I left my other forum at hash.com which has been around for 2 decades. I left that forum for similar reasons to Dan leaving his (but I never destroyed mine.) Because of that previous experience, until "DCF Refugees," I used this forum like a superblog, not allowing members. It's only part of the "Martin Hash" brand. (See links to my other media on the MartinHash.com main page.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:55 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:Is this a long running forum? How do you have more 1000 posts? You could call yourself Emperor for all i care. Just curious.
This particular forum has been around for a decade. I started it after I left my other forum at hash.com which has been around for 2 decades. I left that forum for similar reasons to Dan leaving his (but I never destroyed mine.) Because of that previous experience, until "DCF Refugees," I used this forum like a superblog, not allowing members. It's only part of the "Martin Hash" brand. (See links to my other media on the MartinHash.com main page.)
The costs were not worth it or are you a Dan Carlin conspiracy theorist?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:11 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:The costs were not worth it?
Dan didn't shut down his forum due to cost.

I've learned to zen in the past half-dozen years or so. I used to take things too personal, like everybody.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:12 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:The costs were not worth it or are you a Dan Carlin conspiracy theorist?
Dan didn't shut down his forum due to cost.
Proof?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:15 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:Proof?
Dude, do you think it's any cheaper to run his website now?

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:16 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Dude, do you think it's any cheaper to run his website now?
I have no idea, i never had one. Didn't he say something about being forced to update or something?

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:20 pm

I'd almost prefer to leave the DCF branding behind in favor of something new. We all owe Dan a debt for giving us a place to gather initially, but with this transition I feel like we can still have our brand of debate without associating ourselves with the Dan Carlin brand. Not that I dislike the brand, but it'd be kind of scummy to try and hang on to that old label. We could change the DCF Refugees label once everyone has settled in to the new place.

And Dan gave martinhash.com a shoutout on the most recent podcast, so that coupled with our activity and the independent work by some of our forum members, I'd say we're well set-up for an influx of new members.

That's just my two cents. :geek:

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:25 pm

Xenophon wrote:

I'd almost prefer to leave the DCF branding behind in favor of something new. We all owe Dan a debt for giving us a place to gather initially, but with this transition I feel like we can still have our brand of debate without associating ourselves with the Dan Carlin brand. Not that I dislike the brand, but it'd be kind of scummy to try and hang on to that old label. We could change the DCF Refugees label once everyone has settled in to the new place.
At what point would it be concluded that everyone is settled?