Promote the Martin Hash forum

Xenophon

Re: Promote the Martin Hash forum

Post by Xenophon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:32 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Xenophon wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:The "DCF Refugees" area could be renamed "Dan Carlin Forum."

But, there are other podcasters we may also want to include as regulars, more potential members. Our current members have a reputation for exceptional rough-n-tumble high caliber debate, embrace the reputation. Troll other podcasters forums & advertise this fact.

As for the "Martin Hash" brand being at risk: I'm already my own worst enemy when it comes to anti-PC.
I'd almost prefer to leave the DCF branding behind in favor of something new. We all owe Dan a debt for giving us a place to gather initially, but with this transition I feel like we can still have our brand of debate without associating ourselves with the Dan Carlin brand. Not that I dislike the brand, but it'd be kind of scummy to try and hang on to that old label. We could change the DCF Refugees label once everyone has settled in to the new place.
At what point would it be concluded that everyone is settled?
Well, Dan just gave us a shoutout, so I figure we'd wait a week or two whilst promoting through the Facebook group or reddit page. After that, I'd say it'd be an appropriate time to forge ahead.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:37 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Xenophon wrote: I'd almost prefer to leave the DCF branding behind in favor of something new. We all owe Dan a debt for giving us a place to gather initially, but with this transition I feel like we can still have our brand of debate without associating ourselves with the Dan Carlin brand. Not that I dislike the brand, but it'd be kind of scummy to try and hang on to that old label. We could change the DCF Refugees label once everyone has settled in to the new place.
At what point would it be concluded that everyone is settled?
Well, Dan just gave us a shoutout, so I figure we'd wait a week or two whilst promoting through the Facebook group or reddit page. After that, I'd say it'd be an appropriate time to forge ahead.
Will Dan have a link up directing to this place?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:59 pm

Xenophon wrote: And Dan gave martinhash.com a shoutout on the most recent podcast,
That was very good of him. Nice to know there were no hard feelings. Did he say much about the DCF? I've not heard it.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:58 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Xenophon wrote: And Dan gave martinhash.com a shoutout on the most recent podcast,
That was very good of him. Nice to know there were no hard feelings. Did he say much about the DCF? I've not heard it.
I've been listening to his podcasts for more than half a decade and can't recall it featuring prominently in anything he said. Occasionally he'd mention that he got a question or got into a debate with someone on the forum, but he never really promoted it.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:05 pm

All the more grateful to hear he gave us a shout out then.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:26 pm

Most users ever online was 30 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:24 pm

The first time we improved on the pre invasion record of 28 on the 12th Sept this year. I'm curious as to what happened that day. Talk of 9/11 maybe?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:50 pm

Another 4 new members today including PetterTB.
We are back to our full compliment of Vikings.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Another 4 new members today including PetterTB.
We are back to our full compliment of Vikings.
16% Viking here. The Normen are coming.

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:43 pm

Fuck those guys, apart from a lucky arrow in the eye we would be mostly Anglo-Saxon still.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:47 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Fuck those guys, apart from a lucky arrow in the eye we would be mostly Anglo-Saxon still.

This.