Rural Internet speeds

SilverEagle

Rural Internet speeds

Post by SilverEagle » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:40 am

I’ve noticed and so has a number of people around me have noticed a reduction of internet speed and cell service in rural areas. For any of you in rural areas, have you noticed this. I’m thinking the deep state is pulling strings in the background to reduce our internet access and cell service in deep red areas.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Xenophon

Re: Rural Internet speeds

Post by Xenophon » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:14 am

SilverEagle wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:40 am
I’ve noticed and so has a number of people around me have noticed a reduction of internet speed and cell service in rural areas. For any of you in rural areas, have you noticed this. I’m thinking the deep state is pulling strings in the background to reduce our internet access and cell service in deep red areas.
I'll check around. I haven't noticed anything and any moderate urban area from where I live/work is at least 30 minutes away.

My business connection in this area is running at about 120 mbps download/1000 mbps upload. I can't vouch for a residential connection because I only have 10 mbps download at the house, which doesn't bother me because I don't do much with it.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:38 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:14 am
SilverEagle wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:40 am
I'll check around. I haven't noticed anything and any moderate urban area from where I live/work is at least 30 minutes away.

My business connection in this area is running at about 120 mbps download/1000 mbps upload. I can't vouch for a residential connection because I only have 10 mbps download at the house, which doesn't bother me because I don't do much with it.
My speed is okay but it cuts out every now and then. My internet was down for two days. Comcast had an F up and they fixed it remotely somehow. Seemed fishy. Cell service has also been an issue. Multiple bars and shit phone calls that go in and out.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:02 pm

I got a Verizon business account, when I did, I learned that it is common for suppliers to throttle internet speeds at high demand times. However, they don't throttle business accounts.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience