US Futures dropped, T-Notes bumpted and US$ spiked.

The Conservative

US Futures dropped, T-Notes bumpted and US$ spiked.

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:55 am

Ok, I am working for a defunct financial firm, and they have TVs everywhere. I just saw that the US Dollar spiked upwards since Biden took office. Since he took office, the dollar value has gone down like a whore going down on their favorite John.

I'm trying to figure out how it happened, or why... but I can't. There is nothing except a "better than normal" payroll for last month... The T-Notes also increased by 10 cents in less than 3 hours. Gold and the Dow Jones futures took a massive hit too...

I am not as savvy as I should be in this, but this is not making any sense whatsoever.

Whenever a Democrat is in the WH the market no longer makes any sense it seems... they fuck over everyone and the market celebrates?

WTF is going on?
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Re: US Futures dropped, T-Notes bumpted and US$ spiked.

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:46 am

Treasury increased the money supply by 4x during Covid. That’s really all you need to know. The rest is just noise.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:31 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:46 am
Treasury increased the money supply by 4x during Covid. That’s really all you need to know. The rest is just noise.
But with that much money in the open market, the US Dollar should not have spiked 10 cents this morning.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:39 am

The economy is fake and gay.

The dollar is held up by little more than tradition at this point.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:57 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:31 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
But with that much money in the open market, the US Dollar should not have spiked 10 cents this morning.
Big employment number came out at market open. Good economy = less stimulus = lower stocks. It’ll always revert by end of day though, because of HFTs and the Fed Open Market Committee (price fixers).

All a fiction designed to keep the peace until boomers die out. Then there is no more dollar, and we trade skins.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:53 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:57 am
The Conservative wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Big employment number came out at market open. Good economy = less stimulus = lower stocks. It’ll always revert by end of day though, because of HFTs and the Fed Open Market Committee (price fixers).

All a fiction designed to keep the peace until boomers die out. Then there is no more dollar, and we trade skins.
I’m not so sure that is completely accurate. I think they are losing control and the game will be over within five years.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:15 am

SilverEagle wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:53 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:57 am
The Conservative wrote:

I’m not so sure that is completely accurate. I think they are losing control and the game will be over within five years.
Both are true. They’re trying like hell to run out the clock, but it won’t last much longer.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:16 am

Agreed SF

Iraq no longer using the US Dollar

I saw a social media report that 90% of small business in Mexico will no longer take the dollar

However, Argentina just turned down BRICS

The war on the dollar is real, history says the end is near. Avg lifespan of a global reserve currency is 94 yrs
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:00 pm

There are many reasons why the US dollar is doing so well right now. One reason is due to the Ukraine war we are now exporting a lot of natural gas to Europe. Probably the biggest reason is due to covid. Simply, we have the most robust economy in the world. We can just more easily take a hit to our economy and bounce back than every other country in the world due to our size and diverse economy. Our decentralized response to covid also helped as most countries had a more centralized response that more resembled California or New York than Texas or Florida.

Despite all the doom and gloom, the US economy is still in a position where it is more likely than not to continue to dominate the global economy for another 50 years.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:51 pm

I said before my 4-month trip from the Arctic Circle to the Panama Canal sleeping in a tent, that if nothing happened while we were gone, I wasn't going to talk about the economy again, and I haven't. At the same time, YouTube channels saying the economy is going to crash are louder than ever, and convincing. This is one of those things, like the Israeli war on Gaza, that I'm just going to watch from the sidelines.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change