The Right and the Left need each other - debate

apeman

Re: The Right and the Left need each other - debate

Post by apeman » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:23 pm

I know several self-professed conservatives in my age group that fit mydogjesse's description, it's not like the left have a monopoly on hypocrisy.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:25 pm

clubgop wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:The other reason is that America wasn't broke, because America did not lose the French and Indian War, America did not run itself into the ground fighting the French and Indian War, America had won, and America was rich, the French turned on each other, because they had lost the Seven Years War, and had gone broke fighting it, boundless prosperity was a binding force in America, there's no reason to start swinging the sword of liberty from the apple carts, when there's gold in dem hills up the Ohio valley, and nothing stopping anyone anymore from going to get it.

Ultimately, the American Revolution was the fight for Manifest Destiny.
Oh we were most certainly broke. Congress stiffed a bunch of soldiers and other credit holders. If we weren't broke we'd probably be talking about a President or Governor Arnold. I guess you are right about that second half.
Assets and liabilities, old bean, unlike the French, America's assets dwarfed its liabilities, the American Westward Expansion was self funding, the amount of gold in the coffers, was irrelevant, in the face of all the gold in dem hills, that's how America built itself, Manifest Destiny would pay for itself, and the revolutionaries well knew it.

And this is also of course why, the British immediately buried the hatchet with the traitors, to invest in their Manifest Destiny as shareholders. Cotton, Tobacco and Slaves, God bless America, God save the King.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:30 pm

apeman wrote:I know several self-professed conservatives in my age group that fit mydogjesse's description, it's not like the left have a monopoly on hypocrisy.
It's not even a sense of entitlement so much as a feeling of betrayal when our factories are gutted for the benefit of international interests. I don't care what label you want to apply to that sentiment but not understanding it is why Hilary is binge drinking to death and not picking CF donor cabinet picks right now.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:36 pm

The neoconservative hatred of the cities is even less conservative. The people ambitious enough and tough enough to sacrifice everything to better their lives and their families move to cities for the opportunity. Growing urban immigration is supposed to mean that America is working as it should, in the conservative vein. If failed immigrants (foreign and domestic) aren't dead in the streets it means liberal ideas are working.
Since when? Cities are nothing but welfare state liberal biodomes sucking up the resources everywhere else. Oppurtunity? What oppurtunity? To be an internet blogger? No its like the real life Hunger games. "The Capitol gets all the tangible goods from the districts and the districts get to toil and not be summarily executed on a good day.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:45 pm

apeman wrote:I know several self-professed conservatives in my age group that fit mydogjesse's description, it's not like the left have a monopoly on hypocrisy.
The victors will write the history, all that matters in the end is; just win, baby. The nukedog's of the world understand this, and they are good fighters, whatever gets them over the top, no matter.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:57 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
The victors will write the history, all that matters in the end is; just win, baby. The nukedog's of the world understand this, and they are good fighters, whatever gets them over the top, no matter.
That is what the anti duopolist dont seem to get. In the end democracies or republics are one party states. The winners of elections. Losers dont get a participation trophy or share of the power relative to the share of the vote.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:03 pm

clubgop wrote: Since the fuck when? Who is opposing Mike Rowe calling him a right nut job? It isnt conservatives. Who jumped in Marco Rubio's chili when he said pursuing an education in welding is more lucrative than that philosophy degree? It wasnt conservatives. When Ashton Kutcher, of all people, accepted an award and preached about hard work and perseverance who praised that message? Who chastised it? The former was conservatives, the latter was not.
You're missing the point. I'm not saying liberals are more conservative than neocons. I'm saying neocons are populists and current populism isn't traditional conservatism.
:royalty-queen:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:05 pm

clubgop wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
That is what the anti duopolist dont seem to get. In the end democracies or republics are one party states. The winners of elections. Losers dont get a participation trophy or share of the power relative to the share of the vote.
Was nukedog in fact who broke the spell for me, when he said "Pascal's Wager", nukedog was going over the top, no matter, the only choice then, was whether I was going to go with him, or leave him to die alone in no man's land, and at that point, there was no choice at all, over the top, lads, Pascal's Wager, through the mud and blood to the green fields beyond...
Nec Aspera Terrent

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:13 pm

clubgop wrote: In the end democracies or republics are one party states. The winners of elections. Losers dont get a participation trophy or share of the power relative to the share of the vote.
Been thinking about this, you got through to me here.
TheReal_ND wrote:
It's not even a sense of entitlement so much as a feeling of betrayal when our factories are gutted for the benefit of international interests. I don't care what label you want to apply to that sentiment but not understanding it is why Hilary is binge drinking to death and not picking CF donor cabinet picks right now.
I completely sympathize with your point, if it was me that got fucked, I could be you, I get that.

Left and right isn't so black and white to me, and then I read clubby and smitty and you here, and I wonder if maybe it is black and white, in a purely practical sense.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:17 pm

And another thing MDJ, you know what? We are entitled to have a state with laws because we make up the state and participate in a democratic republic. So yes, we are entitled to not be swamped with illegal immigrants. Immigrants legal are otherwise are not entitled to come here as they please. If we elect legislatures that revise immigration laws then yes, we are as a matter of fact entitled to having those laws enforced and if our representatives don't feel the need to do so, we are in fact entitled to throw them out on their ass, I don't care how entitled you feel having Mexican lawn boys and taco trucks.