What is the Chance of an Electoral College Revolt?

SuburbanFarmer

Re: What is the Chance of an Electoral College Revolt?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Fucking hell.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 8e08ede87f
President-elect Donald Trump has received two classified intelligence briefings since his surprise election victory earlier this month, a frequency that is notably lower — at least so far — than that of his predecessors, current and former U.S. officials said.

A team of intelligence analysts has been prepared to deliver daily briefings on global developments and security threats to Trump in the two weeks since he won. Vice President-elect Mike Pence, by contrast, has set aside time for intelligence briefings almost every day since the election, officials said.
Another Cheney presidency... this should be super exciting. :x
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:23 pm

Trump is playing 4d chess again. "Shoot me? Go ahead. But my VP has actually been paying attention to what you guys are up to. Then you're in trouble."

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:28 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Jesus fuck... please tell me he's not really "refusing security briefings"... That would be too much.
The press was all over that like a week or two ago and yes, probably does thinks he is too good for security briefings.

Here are a few snippets:
President-elect Donald Trump has received two classified intelligence briefings since his surprise election victory earlier this month, a frequency that is notably lower — at least so far — than that of his predecessors, current and former U.S. officials said.

A team of intelligence analysts has been prepared to deliver daily briefings on global developments and security threats to Trump in the two weeks since he won. Vice President-elect Mike Pence, by contrast, has set aside time for intelligence briefings almost every day since the election, officials said.

Officials involved in the Trump transition team cautioned against assigning any significance to the briefing schedule that the president-elect has set so far, noting that he has been immersed in the work of forming his administration, and has made filling key national security posts his top priority.

But others have interpreted Trump’s limited engagement with his briefing team as an additional sign of indifference from a president-elect who has no meaningful experience on national security issues and was dismissive of U.S. intelligence agencies’ capabilities and findings during the campaign.

A senior U.S. official who receives the same briefing delivered to President Obama each day said that devoting time to such sessions would help Trump get up to speed on world events.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... story.html
For more than 50 years, it's been a tradition at the White House — a concise daily intelligence briefing, presented to the president and a small group of top officials.

It is also tradition for the winner of the presidential election to start receiving the same briefing during his transition, as a way to start preparing for the world he will face once he moves into the Oval Office.

"Well, I get it when I need it."

That was Trump's answer to a question posed by Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday. He then added, "First of all, these are very good people that are giving me the briefings. If something should change from this point, immediately call me. I'm available on one minute's notice."
http://www.npr.org/2016/12/13/505348507 ... -important
President-elect Donald Trump said he does not need to receive the presidential intelligence briefing every day, suggesting in an interview aired Sunday that such briefings are repetitive and he is happy to rely on those around him on matters of intelligence and national security.

Trump has been given the daily intelligence briefing just a handful of times since winning the White House last month, alarming some in the national security community. But those briefings do not always change day to day, Trump told “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace in an interview taped over the weekend. And when he does receive the briefing, Trump said he always instructs those offering him the information to contact him should new developments emerge.

"You know, I'm, like, a smart person. I don't have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years. Could be eight years — but eight years. I don't need that,” Trump said. “But I do say, ‘If something should change, let us know."
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/t ... ngs-232479

Overall, we live in interesting times, GCF.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:31 pm

"You know, I'm, like, a smart person. I don't have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years. Could be eight years — but eight years. I don't need that,” Trump said. “But I do say, ‘If something should change, let us know.’”

This is the right attitude for CnC.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:34 pm

Funny is a whole crowd of people who never received a security briefing in their lives nor will they ever fretting over what they can only pretend to know what he is missing out on. Even geopolitically speaking, how much does this shit change day to day? Oh Iran still wants to get a nuke? North Korea still wants to flex some muscle? You don't say. China is still building islands in the south China sea? Really?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:40 pm

Plus everything actually reset when he won. People were prepared for the neocon policy Hilary would have been bringing but right now literally everyone in the world from the fat boy in Korea to the Eurocrats in Brussels are having to wait and see what happens like the rest of us as his cabinet is filled out. Of course they are going to try and get away with whatever shit they can but for now it's smarter for them to study Trump. Trump studying them won't change their behavior and that's what this is really about; liberals need to feel protected by the state so they want big mama to be the cold conniving bitch she is not Trump to be the wildcard that they don't understand.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:43 pm

Apparently, this was actually true...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/don ... 80da63defd
When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:53 pm

WTF, this is true. Trump told the press that he will not be reading his daily intelligence briefings but instead told them that he might look at them like once or twice a week (at best) and even said he was too smart to read them. Plus, his VP Pence was the one who was literally reading them every day. That's a real story being told. It's not some liberal whining. This guy doesn't want to do his duties as president.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:22 pm

Well
Maybe they were refusing to show him how the hacks came from Russia and he's putting them in time out until they get their acts together.

Or OR he's actually in on the hacks and doesn't want them to know he knows! Yes I like that one. No tin foil required for that one hardly I can already see CNN saying this.

I can actually think of plenty of reasons he doesn't have time to sit there and listen to the same stuff every day from some over payed CIA officer. He's probably got shit to do like talk to people that are actually leading the country. Not running around like little tattle tales wanting good boy points.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:21 am

Penner wrote:WTF, this is true. Trump told the press that he will not be reading his daily intelligence briefings but instead told them that he might look at them like once or twice a week (at best) and even said he was too smart to read them. Plus, his VP Pence was the one who was literally reading them every day. That's a real story being told. It's not some liberal whining. This guy doesn't want to do his duties as president.
The President has no duty to attend a daily intelligence brief, nor even to read the PDB, the President can choose to source his intelligence when and from where, as he deems neccesary.

Prior to 1961, there was no such thing as a PDB.

PDB has nothing to do with Article II, the PDB is entirely at the beck and call of the POTUS, or not, as the POTUS so chooses, the POTUS could cancel PDB's alltogether, not even at the stroke of the pen, but merely by saying "knock it off".

The President is Commander-in-Chief, the intelligence agencies don't tell him how to suck eggs, nor does the liberal media, nor the oppisition in congress, nor the opposing party, the CinC decides how, where, when, and why he is to be briefed, entirely at his discretion.

A President can come in on day one, and say that he's changing everything, the whole way the Executive does business, from top to bottom, without seeking anyones leave do so, that's what being President means.
Nec Aspera Terrent