What is the Chance of an Electoral College Revolt?

The Conservative

Re: What is the Chance of an Electoral College Revolt?

Post by The Conservative » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:12 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
He wasn't wrong. No matter how you feel about slavery, the sudden ending of it by force, and the subsequent destruction are still echoing through the land 200 years later. You don't get BLM and race riots if you find a way to wind it down slowly and integrate the disaffected.
I have to disagree here, even if we did go "slowly" we still would have people like Al Sharpton saying we aren't doing enough, fast enough. BLM would have existed in another fashion...

America is a full of whiney and overly-privilidged people thinking they can do anything, when in reality they can't. We are reaping what we have sewn for well over the last 60 years.
It's full of that attitude now, but it wasn't 150ish years ago. The entire black-white dynamic in this country could have played out differently, if it had been handled more wisely.
Blame the Democrats on that one.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:13 am

skankhunt42 wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
He wasn't wrong. No matter how you feel about slavery, the sudden ending of it by force, and the subsequent destruction are still echoing through the land 200 years later. You don't get BLM and race riots if you find a way to wind it down slowly and integrate the disaffected.
I have to disagree here, even if we did go "slowly" we still would have people like Al Sharpton saying we aren't doing enough, fast enough. BLM would have existed in another fashion...

America is a full of whiney and overly-privilidged people thinking they can do anything, when in reality they can't. We are reaping what we have sewn for well over the last 60 years.
Being a tad dramatic are we? Reaping what we have sewn for over the last 60 years? I'm not buying all of the doom and gloom, I would argue things are progressing for the better. We have a black President, we still run the free world. Each generation seems to have more empathy for the next, I work in a school that is "Urban", and you would be amazed how much more compassionate this generation of young people is than the last. Trump won yes, but that doesn't mean things are going to be "bad". The owners of this country though profit from the separation of us, so yea, there is that, but that doesn't mean this isn't the greatest fucking nation on earth.
Empathy is not always a good thing...
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:13 am

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

It's full of that attitude now, but it wasn't 150ish years ago. The entire black-white dynamic in this country could have played out differently, if it had been handled more wisely.
If you say so. Thanks for that insight.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:14 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Who controlled the south?
#NotOneRedCent

Cid

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:15 am

If you can point out how millennials and their expectations are fucked up compared to prior generations, and not just bash on them for not being the cool kids here on DCF island of misfits, I'll post whatever you want me to post that doesn't violate codes of conduct.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:21 am

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Who controlled the south?
People. Probably a huge variety of them. The richest of which were plantation owners and oligarchs.

If you're just going to shitpost, then do it somewhere else. This was turning into a good convo.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:25 am

Cid wrote:If you can point out how millennials and their expectations are fucked up compared to prior generations, and not just bash on them for not being the cool kids here on DCF island of misfits, I'll post whatever you want me to post that doesn't violate codes of conduct.
I'm not bashing them for not being cool kids, I am bashing them because they have blown out of proportion the entire political spectrum and way things work by taking hissy fits in public for their candidate not becoming president, or creating "safe spots" to keep their sensitive egos in place...

Or how about the memes going around about wearing a safety pin because it shows that you are allowed to be a "safe" person for them...

The last time I wore a safety pin, I was in diapers, I'll just leave it at that...
#NotOneRedCent

Cid

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:28 am

Shit your mom used safety pins? Didn't realize you grew up in the depression years. Or that you had to endure hippy parents that gave you all natural burlap shit rags.

I'm fucking with you I know you're being hyperbolic.

But seriously what is unreasonable about their expectations relative to prior generations?

There used to be tons of "safe spaces" in the US, it was called being polite and having manners.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:38 am

Cid wrote:Shit your mom used safety pins? Didn't realize you grew up in the depression years. Or that you had to endure hippy parents that gave you all natural burlap shit rags.

I'm fucking with you I know you're being hyperbolic.

But seriously what is unreasonable about their expectations relative to prior generations?

There used to be tons of "safe spaces" in the US, it was called being polite and having manners.

There is your difference. Being polite and having manners isn't what is happening in "safe spaces" today. I'd love for them to have manners, to think for themselves, and hell, to show respect to people who think and act differently than they do. They don't though, and if the proof is during and after this last election cycle..

They are everyone's special little snowflake... and are told they can do anything... when in reality they can't... and are severely angered when they don't get their way. They cried, and then got angry when Hillary wasn't their president... I'm sorry, but when people tell me I need to get over things because that's how it is, perhaps they need to listen to their own medicine for once?

As for the safety pins, my mom did use them on me, I was allergic to talcum powder and baby powder, and the plastics that were used in diapers back then. I had to have cotton diapers... and the only way to keep them closed were safety pins. So no, I wasn't being hyperbolic.
#NotOneRedCent

Cid

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:54 am

Being polite and having manners is a two way street. And don't care who are, being politely asked to move to the back of the bus is worse than whatever goes on "safe spaces."

And people have always been pissed off when they don't win, and they always get pissed off when they don't get their way. People don't generally hear themselves when they're whining because they're doing the whining, but they sure as fuck hear it when other people whine. Hell there were people during the depression that thought it wasn't that bad (the super privileged people).

I mean there are people pissed they can't make a rape joke publicly on the internet, like that is something that was perfectly acceptable to say in society prior to the internet. So, while I think the mainstream media view of safe spaces as these soft crybaby playpens with puppies and kittens is hilarious and entertaining, I've no fucking clue what a safe space looks like except a place where you can't say blatantly offensive things.

And about the safety pin, TMI dude, you used as a rhetorical device and I thought it was disingenuous, but I apologize.