What is the Chance of an Electoral College Revolt?

TheReal_ND

Re: What is the Chance of an Electoral College Revolt?

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:11 pm

So much fisking going in ITT

Cid

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:15 pm

Ok, that's one I want to hammer down. If we're going to say fuck it to fisking I'm cool with that, but a lot of people on the old boards waffled on that shit and got bitchy when it came there way even if they did it.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Cid wrote:
clubgop wrote: What? There isnt 538 electors there are different sets of electors appionted by the candidate that won the popular vote of that state. Throughtout history the electors have voted as they were supposed to 95% of the time. The "faithless elector" is very rare and it isnt even fraud or rigging to begin with. There is nothing to rig anyway because they cast their vote publicly. Rigging is not about the voting its about the counting. As I said before in NPV a broken totally owned liberal state with a huge population can sit back wait for the votes to come in see how much they need and "count" the votes until they the number they need. What 2-3 million votes in California? Nothing, as was demonstrated this year. I know when you guys lose you need a cheap cudgel to weasel out of any responsibility but do you have to be so myopic, obtuse, and dishonest about it?
Hey, I'll be at the inauguration son, don't whip the "you guys lose" bullshit. I've posted about the EC for years, and I might as well start early so the next time a Dem wins in 8 years I can say this bullshit needs to stop. So fuck you, any system where its even possible to bribe people to be faithless, and it is possible to do that, is fucked. You can have all the voter ID laws you want, whatever it takes, but this is stupid. No one would set up a system like this today unless you were confident there was no other way you could win. Its sketchy as hell.
Link to the different datasets that California and/or Texas use to not game the system and I'll concede.
What the fuck does that even mean and why just those 2 states? Best argument for EC, liberals give 0 fucks about the rest of the country.
I figured you probably knew that California and Texas have the most illegals that are counted in the census data, and therefor benefit the most from those numbers being higher when it comes to apportionment. Again, you can look that up.
I am not focused on apportionment on that macro level that is decided by the feds and the marginal states duke it out in court. I am talking about after the fact. The actual congressional districts boundaries and state legislatures.

Cid

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:31 pm

This a discussion about the electoral college and the district lines don't matter, number of electors is based on representation, and sure everyone gets three which boosts low pop states voting power, but the rest of us fight it out in the middle and the top and California is definitely going to get more seats than it should if you just counted citizens, as will Texas. This means they get more EC votes. This means its really fucking hard to figure out whose vote is really being fucked with, and if you really want to create a desire for urban liberals to turn their metro areas into sanctuary cities, then keep the EC around.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:38 pm

Cid wrote:Ok, that's one I want to hammer down. If we're going to say fuck it to fisking I'm cool with that, but a lot of people on the old boards waffled on that shit and got bitchy when it came there way even if they did it.
lol Fisk away it ain't bothering nobody I just thought it amusing to be back at the DCF for a moment.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:40 pm

Anti-Fisking is the quickest refuge of a weak mind.

We need some rules on this forum!!!

:drunk:

Cid

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:41 pm

DSL had a anti-fisking thing for like, I don't know if it was a day or a month, a day in DSL posting might as well have been an eon, but sure as hell when it ended he fisked like a madman.

There that'll summon his ass.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:42 pm

Cid wrote:This a discussion about the electoral college and the district lines don't matter,
In Maine and Nebraska they do. I'd be ok with a state going that way they are free to do that.

I think you are using citizens when you mean denizens.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:50 pm

Cid wrote:DSL had a anti-fisking thing for like, I don't know if it was a day or a month, a day in DSL posting might as well have been an eon, but sure as hell when it ended he fisked like a madman.

There that'll summon his ass.
He's already among us.

We'll allow him to keep his new identity, a fresh start, until his meds wear off and the old DSL re-emerges. 8-)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Cid

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:01 pm

I know they matter in Maine and Nebraska, which between them have 8 electoral votes.

Ok, let me clarify if there was any confusion, census data, like the census data at census.gov is used for apportionment, right? Right.

So if undocumented residents are counted in the census, but they can't vote, they've boosted the voting power of those that can when seats are allocated.

Mind you, this helped Texas more than California last time,

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12 ... akeup.html

But it also means California's 55 votes probably shouldn't be 55 if you were to just count citizens.

So, by proxy the census and undocumented workers fuck with the election by fucking with the number of electors that a state has.

If you're worried about voter fraud I'm not going to say I understand that, but I'm also cool making sure people have all the ID they need and having all the people and checkers do all of the counting and checking. I don't think this is really something I want to cheap out on. Mind you I don't like either party, and I see the EC as being the main thing they will never do away with because its the best safety net they have.