Reducing Wealth Statification

Martin Hash

Re: Reducing Wealth Statification

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:23 pm

I no longer debate, I just state my opinion, just like everyone else here.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:49 pm

Martin Hash wrote:I no longer debate, I just state my opinion, just like everyone else here.
That’s debatable.

:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:08 pm

:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:22 pm

Martin Hash wrote:I wrote a book. It's called The Center but no one here has ever read it because they're so certain they know better than me.
I'm about 1/2 way through.
Account abandoned.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:01 pm

What's the plan to stop things from going right back to where they are now?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:07 pm

What if wealth stratification is the distribution that makes most people wealthiest?

For example, by minimizing rewards for success, we might actually inhibit innovation and wealth creation, which in turn just lowers all boats.

The way I look at it has more to do with the difference between what is essentially legal stealing and actual wealth creation. Bain Capital is an example of piracy. It's utterly illegitimate and such people don't actually create wealth but, rather, take wealth from others in a way that is marginally legal (or not prosecuted). Most of the banking industry is like that. Wall Street is like that. Little to no wealth is created anywhere in those sectors. It's just an organized fleecing of America.

But consider Apple Inc, Tesla Motors, Blue Horizon, SpaceX, or even the little software development outfit that wrote Kerbal Space Program. They all created wealth. Shouldn't we reward that to create incentives for people like that to improve our lives and society and, if so, wouldn't penalizing them with severe taxation merely serve to limit their drive to innovate beyond a certain point?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:41 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:What's the plan to stop things from going right back to where they are now?
High progressive tax rates & confiscatory Inheritance taxes

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:What's the plan to stop things from going right back to where they are now?
So, businesses leave and the wealth disparity sets up shop elsewhere. Great plan.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:39 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
So, businesses leave and the wealth disparity sets up shop elsewhere. Great plan.
Why? There's no business taxes in Hash economy.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:18 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
What does wealth equality even mean? Would it somehow be okay if we were all poorer, but had equal wealth? I could move to Cuba for that.
Its the closing of opportunity that's the problem.....the Rich have been pretty good at stomping out competition via legislation....also by exploiting 3rd world labor.....and via automation - takes $$$ to make an automated factory, but when it's built, Joe's shoe company simply can't compete....

I've said this before, I don't know if capitalism can survive the age of automation....