National Debt

Martin Hash

National Debt

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:42 pm

There is a lot of sound and fury about the National Debt. I find it difficult to understand what the debate is about because everything is actually a lot simpler than they make it sound. It wasn't Bush; it's not Obama; it's not Social Security. Let's point the finger at the real culprit...

THE PROBLEM IS "FREE" TRADE!

NAFTA began on January 1, 1994
WTO started on January 1, 1995
In 1997 Walmart advertised that it "sold American-made."

Every dime Government spends is a "stimulus." In a closed economy, every bit of the "deficit" would be sitting in the bank accounts of U.S. citizens waiting to be paid back as taxes. Unfortunately, the U.S. is NOT a closed economy. We have a HALF TRILLION DOLLAR yearly Trade Deficit. Jobs are lost by the tens of thousands. Our stimulus is going to foreign interests!

The graphs below inarguably prove that the National Debt is primarily a result of Free Trade.
National Debt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Stephen mosier

Re: National Debt

Post by Stephen mosier » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Martin,

I have to concede that I am not an economist but this is can say: The National Debt is a factor how much our government spends—not who I buy furniture from.

Every dime the government spends would be a stimulus if government did not get its dime from the economy it is spent back into. But because the government first takes the dime from whom the government deems able to contribute, then gives the dime to others according to their perceived need, the government’s redistribution of the dime does not stimulate the economy.

Lastly, the one chart shows the National Trade Deficit and the other purports to show the increase in the National Debt but there is nothing to show a causal effect of one upon the other. It’s rather like a clock striking one just as the geyser spouts and assuming that the clock striking one was the cause of the geyser spout.

Martin Hash

Re: National Debt

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Almost no one I meet knows economics:
http://www.martinhash.com/forums/viewto ... f=46&t=464
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change