The Electoral College

Cid

Re: The Electoral College

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:05 pm

Yeah, nothing says power to the people like separating them from their elected officials. I had no idea we were duopoly fans here.

Cid

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:09 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:And if we went by the raw numbers, the urbanites would set themselves up as Romans, casting the rest of the nation as tribute-paying hicks who are better off being governed not by themselves.
Tribute paying hicks? You know Hunger Games was a book right?

The only thing I'm getting from this is that you're cool with minority rule, so long as its your minority, and that's weird.

Cid

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:18 pm

Also the Red team just elected a New York billionaire soo.... Where's the New York bashing coming from?

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:22 pm

Cid wrote:Stop looking at the maps look at the raw numbers, the damn maps paint a region red or blue regardless of the actual voters. Texas looks a lot more purple than red as California does blue.
Exactly

Even the Bay Area is not a monolithic block

Look at the raw numbers by precinct here

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-pol- ... n-results/
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Cid

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:30 pm

I'm just saying, I don't think Trump is wrong when he says he could have won without the EC because he would have changed his game plan. I can't doubt him on that because he won, so if thats the case then the only thing the EC does is make people salty when it doesn't match up with the popular vote.

Whatsmore, you tell someone to go out and vote, they do that, but then they lose by winning at doing that thing. EC does nothing but give one side the justification to be assbandits for four years (well without a 9/11, if there is a 9/11 then we tend to do what Americans do and forget bullshit, even bullshit we probably should remember.)