Yellowstone National Park – July 2-5, 2023

Martin Hash

Yellowstone National Park – July 2-5, 2023

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:27 am

My wife, Gwynne, and I have been to Yellowstone National Park a couple times before but never really investigated the place fully. This time we stayed 4 days and toured most of the park’s offerings. For example, I’d never visited Mammoth Hot Springs. I knew about it since I was a kid because my best friend, Steve, had a felt pennant from the place hanging in his bedroom that I still remember. It must have been a lot more impressive 50 years ago because now it’s mostly dry but the Elk herds walking nonchalantly through town make up for it.

Most of the attractions in Yellowstone are frustratingly; the lines along the walkways were reminiscent of a popular ride at Disneyland. I think it’s because so many people from around the world are coming to see the sights in America now; there were lots of people from India & China. The second day, even with the crowds, we caught the main attractions around Old Faithful and the impressive Grand Prismatic Spring.

There are a lot of attractions in Yellowstone; we spent 10-hour days riding on the truck visiting them. The fourth day we saw the very impressive waterfalls on the Yellowstone River then went to the Norris Geyser Basin with the Colloidal Pool and Porcelain Springs.

Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change