Lost Shorts - July 8, 2023

Martin Hash

Lost Shorts - July 8, 2023

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:34 am

It’s a long drive to Salt Lake City, Utah, from Grand Teton National Park so the truck was getting an early start. My wife, Gwynne, and I were going to get off the truck for the night to visit my mom & cousins who live there. I was up at dawn and packed my side of the tent, leaving Gwynne to sleep another hour. When most of the other tents had been packed away, I went over to make sure she was up. She went to the outhouse while I finished packing everything up myself. I was waiting in my seat when she finally got back, too late to eat breakfast.
She said to me: “Have you seen my shorts I was wearing last night?”
“No,” I answered.
“I wouldn’t care but my cash and credit card was in the pocket.”
Unconcerned, I looked through my backpack while she looked through hers again but didn’t find the missing shorts.

Gwynne Looking for Shorts.jpg
Gwynne in Shorts

“Maybe it’s it the blanket?” Gwynne suggested.
I looked through the blanket I’d rolled up.
“Maybe it got put into your sleeping bag?” She was going through the possibilities.
It was irritating to dig my sleeping bag out of the stack; even more so when I didn’t find the shorts. Disgruntled, I got out Gwynne’s sleeping bag too, and was no luckier. Then I unrolled the tent I’d packed myself. Still nothing.
Gwynne was getting frantic. In response, I looked through my sleeping bag again, then my backpack again then a third time. We searched the campsite for a third time. Gwynne went and searched the outhouse. Finally, the truck couldn’t wait any longer and we took off. Gwynne was despondent.
“We’ll buy some new shorts and use my credit card,” I said reassuringly.
Five minutes later, Gwynne’s mood really improved when she found her shorts in her backpack while searching for her Kindle so she was in a good mood during our visit to my cousin’s.

Family Dinner.jpg
Family Dinner
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change