Snowman at the Summit - June 24, 2023

Martin Hash

Snowman at the Summit - June 24, 2023

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:34 am

The Whistlers mountain range is a famous ski resort. While at Jasper National Park in Alberta, Canada, my wife, Gwynne, learned about a gondola ride to the top. We walked an hour to the embarkation station and bought tickets for a 6 minute trip. The cable car was packed but the weather was warm & clear.

Skytram Station.jpg
Skytram Station

From where we disembarked, it was a 45 minute hike to the summit. It had snowed a couple days before, hiding the trail in a blanket of soft whiteness, so we struck our own way straight to what we thought was our destination, but as we approached, we could see another 10 minutes of hiking ahead. Gwynne wanted to go the extra bit, so we did, but that turned out to be another false summit with at least a further 10 minutes of trudging in the snow. I mentioned that our return time was approaching but Gwynne persevered. We eventually reached a sign declaring the summit but the trail continued. I was ready to descent; I didn’t want to wait an additional 2 hours to reschedule but Gwynne insisted on going a little bit further; she had a specific goal in mind. Who builds snowmen on the summit of Mt. Whistler?

Snowman at the Summit s.jpg
Snowman at the Summit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change