Fantasyland Waterfall

Martin Hash

Fantasyland Waterfall

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:04 am

Golden Triangle.JPG
My biggest attraction to Laos was as the final leg of the Golden Triangle. Until now the best thing I could say about it is that there weren't any chickens on the public bus during our long, long rides on narrow, bumpy, windy roads without AC nor enough seats. Having a UTI didn't help things any. But, finally, I was so tired I was able to sleep in a hostel even with the window open to all the street noise, which meant a willingness to take a tuk-tuk to the Kuang Si Falls to see the Asiatic Bears. The bears were no great shakes, rescue animals captured from poachers looking to take their bile, but the waterfall entered Top 10 territory.
Kuang Si Falls Laos 2.JPG
The waters came from limestone springs so everything was covered with Eiger-like tavertine formations in large arching pools. Plus, the minerals in the water made it an unnatural milky blue. We crawled up a slippery, muddy, almost vertical cliff-face to get to the top, and see the immense, thick jungle spread out into the distance. Afterwards, my wife, Gwynne, & I went swimming. Bizarrely, the pools were inhabited by small fish that pecked loose skin from your body. We finished the whole thing up in a beautiful, wonderful, created-by-love-cuz-damn-I-don't-see-how-you-make-money Butterfly Park.
Laos Butterfly Park.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change