Vancouver McDonald's

Martin Hash

Vancouver McDonald's

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:01 pm

When my kids were growing up, we often ate at fast food places on the weekend because that's when my wife worked & frankly I like fast food. We all became very sophisticated about the quality of workers at each restaurant chain: Taco Bell was always an adventure because you never knew what you were going to get: those were the "C" students, as I used to call them. Then there were the Burger King & Wendy's employees: they were non-descript & efficient but bland. The best workers by far were at McDonald's: they were the top of the fast-food-worker's heap. Plus, we would even win Monopoly food prizes there & the toys in the Kid's meals were excellent.

Now all my kids are older than I was all those years ago when we went to McDonald's every Sunday, and they hardly ever go with me anymore even though I go every morning. I'm actually kind of glad because I wouldn't have wanted them to be there the day when the illusion of McDonald's workers being the ones who were all going to college was shattered. I ordered my coffee & breakfast burrito with hot sauce just like I always do but this was a particularly fumbling checker. She dithered around at the register, eventually pushing the wrong button. Panicking, she looked around for help: apparently she needed a calculator to figure out the change from the $3 I gave her for the $2.37 meal. Two or three other employees around her tried to help with answers but only one said something out loud & he was wrong. I kept my mouth shut as long as I could stand it, but finally I told her how much the change would be then I said, "or you could just read it at the bottom of my printed receipt."

McDonald's will never have the same aura again for me but luckily I protected my kids from the devastating knowledge.

p.s. I'm thinking of telling them about Santa.

Receipt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Re: Vancouver McDonald's

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:01 pm

Even with Washington State's outrageous Minimum Wage, the quality of Fast Food employees has declined. In this instance, even though the employee knew to read the bottom of the receipt for the amount of change, she could NOT make change. Gwynne had to tell her, "Give me a quarter and a dime and a nickel and a penny."

New Receipt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:22 pm

A pity.
All the non-home owners on the forum assure me with a little UBI or Yang Bucks that checker girl would be perfecting interstellar travel or creating historically relevant works of art.

:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Kath

Post by Kath » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:32 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:01 pm
Monopoly food prizes
Fun story. I don't remember the reason, but one of my parents had some sort of issue with McDonald's. To make up for it, they gave us a full paper grocery bag of those folded paper squares you had to open to fill out a map of a big mac. The five of us spent an entire evening opening those things. We won a whole lotta nada, after spending hours on the task.

Related to making change: This goes back a long, long time. I remember buying something while out with friends, (mid-late 80s.) My purchase total was $2.75. I gave her $3. The power went out. Cashier had to pull out paper and pencil, borrow from the 3, borrow from the 10, etc.... until she came up with .25. It was painful to watch someone very close to my age not able to do simple math.

We used to enjoy a Big Mac once in awhile, but the quality has gone way, way, way down, even in the last five years. It's a rare thing, now.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:56 pm

McDonald's is great where I am at. The service is great, they are super fast and polite.

I mostly just get a coffee and an egg mcmuffin, but they serve it hot, fresh and fast, 24hrs a day drive through.

Way better than Tim Horton's. Way better than Starbucks. McD's is best coffee shop in town.
Nec Aspera Terrent