Scientific Dogma

Martin Hash

Scientific Dogma

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:13 am

At lot of science is dogma – speculation presented as fact. Though always suspicious that much of what I was told by semi-educated teachers was nonsense, I fully embraced the concept of skepticism from my medical school genetics instructor: to quote, “Half of everything we think we know is wrong – we just don’t know which half.” Historically, this has certainly been true: the sun doesn’t go around the earth, and miniature babies aren’t contained full-formed in the male’s sperm. However, today’s scientific hubris seems never to have learned the lesson of fallibility – the intelligentsia tend to crucify anyone who speaks heresy against many of their cherished preconceptions.

Right here, right now, I call these folks out for their lack of humility – as bad as religious zealots - and in protest I will assume the opposing side on some of their most hamfisted beliefs. And since half of everything we think we know is wrong, I have a 50/50 chance of being right! Those are better odds than Vegas.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change