Making Movies Myself

Martin Hash

Making Movies Myself

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:58 pm

I was always an aspiring novelist and wanted to bring my stories to life. First, when I was in my 20s, I had a company that attempted to make movies on film using a motion-control system I designed & built, then in my 30s, I made 3 movies and several shorts I wrote on a computer using a 3D program I wrote and sold to other aspiring moviemakers. I had a modicum of success with both careers, and a little bit of notoriety in magazines & newspapers back in the day. The problem was, those organizations required other people; I couldn’t do everything myself even if I was a passable writer, artist, engineer & businessman. I tried other careers after giving up on movies: doctor, lawyer, accountant, teacher, politician, but it turned out, I don’t like clients, I don’t like customers, I don’t like patients, I don’t like students, I don’t like constituents, I don’t like employees, and I sure as hell don’t like somebody telling me what to do. Apparently, the only thing I can do is be a writer, where I work by myself and am in charge of everything. But I was intimately aware of what was happening with Artificial Intelligence, AI, a waited for the day it would make the movies I wrote. That time is almost upon us. Here’s the requirements:

1. Use character from images I provide.
2. Make photorealistic animations from my written script.
3. Use videos of my acting as reference.
4. Use my face, and those of my family & friends.
5. Make music, including singing lyrics I’ve written.
6. Use my voice acting and be able to modify it into other characters.
7. Add sound effects automatically with little direction from me.
8. Be fast & inexpensive.
9. All or most of this in a single integrated interface with built-in editor.

MakingMoviesMyself.png

I’ve already written 7 novels, I’ll start with those, but when I’m done, I have a backlog of scripts I’ve written over the decades that are ready to go: Flux Adept, The Marvelous Land of Oz, Realms, A More Perfect Union, plus a handful of never completed books. I’d certainly turn my 4 short children’s books into movies I did 2 of them in 3D decades ago but I’d remake them. After thinking about it, I would even redo the 3 movies I already made; increase the resolution and fix the rough spots. I don’t know if I was made for these times, but I do know these times are made for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change