16 Months

Martin Hash

16 Months

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:29 pm

When I met my wife, Gwynne, almost 5 decades ago, she didn’t know I was her boyfriend. Let me explain: for me, when I saw her across the room at the university student union in my freshman year, it was love at first sight. I introduced myself, something I’d never done before because I was way too shy. I was wearing a rust-colored polyester leisure suit and carrying a brushed aluminum briefcase. I was also wearing platform shoes, an open-necked satin shirt, a puka shell choker and had David Cassidy hair. At least one of us thought I was cool. I then proceeded to stalk her at #metoo levels. I would show up unannounced at her house a few times a week. We talked and went to the park. I kissed her for the first time after we crashed when I took her riding on my dirt-bike. I liked having a girlfriend. Even though she told me I had to stop coming over because she had a boyfriend, for months I did anyway, until I got the message when she ignored my 19th birthday and didn't invite me to her 21st birthday which were about a week apart at the start of summer break; I reluctantly quit trying to meet up with her. 10 months later, she saw me and my car on the side of the road at night, and stopped to ask if I needed any help. She said she’d broken up with her old boyfriend. When she gave me a ride to school the next day, I was elated to have my girlfriend back. The stalking and unannounced home visits were difficult because I could never find her. It turned out she had gotten a new boyfriend though she didn’t tell me so I still thought she was my girlfriend. By the end of the school year, she’d broken up with her new boyfriend, and left for the summer to be a camp counselor. For her birthday, I bought her a music box, and sent it to her. She wrote me a letter saying thank you. I replied, asking what would be a good day to come visit her on the coast? She told me when and where to meet; we spent the day in Santa Cruz then got a motel room. We made out then slept all night in each other’s arms. My perception was that I’d just spent a fantastic day with my old girlfriend. To her, it was the first day of me being her new new boyfriend. It all ended well, but the discrepancy in boyfriend/girlfriend status does cause one problem; when asked, I say we’ve been together 16 months longer than she does.

Music Box.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change