AirBnB

Martin Hash

AirBnB

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:48 am

My wife, Gwynne, and I have a big house: 7000 sq. ft., 8 bathrooms. When the kids moved out, it was empty. A decade ago, as we traveled around, we’d used the new-at-the-time “AirBnB” to find places to stay, from Florida to California. We’d always enjoyed the experience even though some of the places we stayed were hit-or-miss, especially in New York. When we finally got back to our underutilized home, I suggested turning the guest bedroom into an AirBnB. Gwynne was apprehensive but allowed that we give it a try so I took a few pictures and became an AirBnB Host.

Listing.png

The first guest was a disaster; the guest assumed she had access to the whole house, complained about the mattress, and said she was cold. Gwynne would have reconsidered right then but another few guests were already booked. Luckily, they were all exactly what I imagined: entertaining & appreciative of our home. Several left us personal thank yous.

Thank You Notes.png

Unfortunately, a bad crack-smoking guest who stole the supplies, combined with the shamdemic, ended our dabbling in spare room accommodation. Then, during the winter we rented a condo in Lima, Peru to visit my grandson for a couple months in their Southern Hemisphere summer but that ended poorly when we were threatened with a fine if we didn’t wear a mask. Now we’re done AirBnBing; it started off good anyways.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Re: AirBnB

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:31 am

The Meth head may have stolen your silver boot tips
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience