Briefcase

Martin Hash

Briefcase

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:08 am

When I was in 7th grade, I carried a leather briefcase. I assure you, it was not a fad; I was the only kid carrying a briefcase, and I’ve never seen another one since. I got the briefcase at my grandfather’s house; it had been his father’s. He gave it to me but I doubt he would have if he knew I was going to carry it to school everyday. I was famous among the other kids because of that briefcase; I was occasionally teased but I deflected it with pride & humor. I would claim that my briefcase could be utilized as a weapon, and though I never had a chance to find out, the other kids must have believed me. The girls thought my briefcase was sexy, or more probably, lovably nerdy. When I left the school due to my family moving again, the other students threw me a going away party, and they all gave me a sign, “To Our Computer Martin” to put on my briefcase.

Marty & Briefcase.jpg
Marty in 7th Grade & Leather Briefcase

I didn’t carry the briefcase in the next schools I went to but when I started my engineering degree at university, I bought a brushed aluminum briefcase and carried that everywhere. I was the guy with the aluminum briefcase; that’s the one I caught my wife with; she was apparently attracted to shiny objects. Nobody carries briefcases anymore, except perhaps, somewhere there’s still a nerdy kid in the 7th grade.

Aluminum.JPG
Aluminum Briefcase
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change