Central Dogma

Martin Hash

Central Dogma

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:23 am

I am amazed that more computer scientists do not reject evolutionary biology out of hand. A cell’s CPU, the ribosome, perfectly fits the definition of a von Neumann Machine, including I/O and memory. Computer science, specifically the Computability Theory, proves that the output of a Turing Machine (the CPU part of a von Neumann Machine) cannot predict the input to it – the results cannot create the programming - yet the "theory of evolution" relies on this happening!

Given an output of, say for example, surviving in an atmosphere of 760 mmHg at 20% oxygen, an evolutionary biologist takes the position that the input to the ribosome is predicted to create protein chains that can specifically trap oxygen molecules and release them at an organism’s respirational requirements. And once you've relaxed your intellectual discipline by assuming that successful propagation is enough feedback to violate the rule that results cannot predict input, you can even predict that an organism will increase in complexity to meet evolutionary pressures!

And if that’s not enough hubris, computer scientists should also loudly condemn the concept of random creation – we have heard the impossibility of “infinite monkeys in a room typing Shakespeare” too many times to ignore it. A single instance in the human machine is enough to blow the lid off of random selection. For example, a hemoglobin molecule is made of protein chains that are approximately 140 amino acids long. There are 20 amino acids used by the human body, so the possible combinations are over 20 to the 140th power – and that’s just the basic probability unit! Many, many (millions?) of other similarly improbable odds polypeptides are also the output of ribosomes, and all have to work simultaneously for the body to function, so the powers add, meaning the chance of your body being created randomly is nil - there are fewer atoms in the universe.

Again I ask, where are the computer scientists? Are we so cowed by other “educated” people who shrilly disclaim anyone who does not accept their religion. The Central Dogma is broken, people.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change