Why are Unions So Powerful in Politics?

Martin Hash

Why are Unions So Powerful in Politics?

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:34 pm

Let me offer some political insight that you just cannot get unless you're a candidate:
I filed for the Washington State House as "Democrat." Starting the next day, twice a day I get a call from a Texas number. The message is always the same but with different people calling, "Hello, I'm with SEIU & we'd like to schedule a meeting with you."
SEIU-We-Make-Politics.png
For those who don't know, SEIU is a large government employees union. They offer $50 to EVERY Democrat-filing State candidate across the nation. They have a call center in Texas they use to bully new candidates to meeting with 2 local Union officials. You might think "$50? What's that going to do? Why would I do ANYTHING for $50?" Well, a newbie candidate doesn't know the ropes. It's ALL ABOUT them making money for the Party by asking everyone they know for money. The Party calls EVERY day to see how many fund-raising calls they've made. NO ONE ASKS OR CARES where you stand politically, or what you have to say. I mean NO ONE. So when a Union guy comes around, they know your name, they've looked at your webpage, they spend a couple minutes talking about your issues (they've obviously read your stuff), and also offer money without you having to ask for it... It's what you dreamed being a candidate would be like! You'll do ANYTHING for those people should you get elected.

p.s. Since I wouldn't respond to the phone calls, I started getting mailings. They gave me a deadline of July 1st but I don't think I'll make it.
SEIU.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change