TMIMITW Job Opening

Martin Hash

Re: TMIMITW Job Opening

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:05 pm

"You've got to be famous to get famous." - me

There are people who do those things but you don't know about them because they're not famous, and they obviously didn't get famous: fame is a fickle mistress. But if I WAS famous then I would ratchet up the excitement of my already exciting adventures. My goodness, man, you've read some of the stuff I've done; can you imagine if I was famous when I'd done those things? There's certainly lots of things I could come up to keep the fame machine going but it has to start first.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Go get that legion standard. I am pretty sure where it's buried (in an area of only a few square miles). Convince the Germans to let you snoop around.

It's not even really difficult to figure it out. If you look at the Teutenberg region in a GIS map with just the top layer turned on, there is only one spot that matches the historical account of the ambush of Varrus' legions, and it's nowhere near where some people think is the site. It's as if they ignored what people wrote. Either the account is wrong, or that standard is right there near the retention pond.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:17 pm

I vote Chael.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:15 pm

The most interesting man in the world doesn't need to apply for the job, he already has it. In fact, the most interesting man in the world doesn't need to even self-identify, because he is already acknowledged as this by all his friends, family, and coworkers. I would never say this about myself, but I think the accolades I recieve on this forum, and in real life speak for themselves. I don't boast, because that is just plain gauche. I'll say no more.
Shikata ga nai

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:20 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: Dude, I found a Gorilla sanctuary that was listed nowhere. My GPS spike is the same one I see on all subsequent Internet references to it. Lost Gorillas

My "Diving with Crocodiles" video of my sons, Heath & Haven, was optioned by a television station in Japan.

My wife, Gwynne, has an Internet video, which I made, of her petting a wild hippo on the nose. Petting Hippo

You're crazy, man. You are one big discovery or stunt away.
I've already done enough notable stuff, I just need the Lucktocracy to catch on I'm alive.
Maybe it's just not your lot. Maybe you're one of the ones that gets famous after you're dead. That's probably the best way to do it.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:45 pm

The only kind of famous I would want to be is like Sir Edmond Hillary famous, but I don't have the stamina or fortitude that guy had (or resources).

Still, if I became very wealthy tomorrow, I would pretty much just become an adventurer most likely. Not really for the fame. I would just want to see what I can endure at this point. I have already endured so much freaking pain and came out ahead this past year. I am curious how far I can take this. Probably won't be going on any expensive adventures, though, but there are things to accomplish here in the states.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:53 pm

I spent 9 years on the adventure trail. Wrote about it. GPS-spiked it. Videoed it. Lost an eye. Totally worth it.

p.s. States are next, starting this year after my son’s wedding.
p.p.s. Of course, another trip to Peru to see the grandson first.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:55 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:The only kind of famous I would want to be is like Sir Edmond Hillary famous, but I don't have the stamina or fortitude that guy had (or resources).

Still, if I became very wealthy tomorrow, I would pretty much just become an adventurer most likely. Not really for the fame. I would just want to see what I can endure at this point. I have already endured so much freaking pain and came out ahead this past year. I am curious how far I can take this. Probably won't be going on any expensive adventures, though, but there are things to accomplish here in the states.
They could name the first female president after you.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:01 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:The only kind of famous I would want to be is like Sir Edmond Hillary famous, but I don't have the stamina or fortitude that guy had (or resources).

They could name the first female president after you.

But then Trump would come along and destroy my plan. All that work in being the first to climb to the top of Mount Everest will be for naught, as my female presidential candidate loses to Russian hackers.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:04 pm

I'll never forgive Vlad.

It was her turn.